Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today I Saw God - at least a pretty good reflection

I am not one given over to mystical illusions by any stretch of the imagination, but today I think I saw God...or at least a pretty close reflection.


"So God created human beings in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." - Genesis 1:27 (TNIV)

Today was one of our "off" weekends from corporate gatherings at the YMCA. We discussed going to a church service somewhere in the area, but in the end, Rhonda went for a bike ride and I hung out with the kids. We played ball, we played karaoke, we wrestled, we played special agents, etc. At one point, I sat in our rocking chair watching them play together and I was reminded of the verse above.

Every other Sunday, I am part of a leadership team that assembles a "production" on Sunday mornings that will hopefully help you, or someone like you, see an accurate reflection of God. We plan the songs, write the messages and get everything set up just right. I've been doing that at different churches for 20 years. Today, I wondered if the whole thing is as simple as pointing him out to people who are just a little distracted.

I mean, I sat in that chair watching my kids play with each other and I felt the presence of God like I haven't felt in a long time. I knew, without a doubt, I was seeing something special. I'll admit, it's not the first time I've watched them play, and I don't always get this feeling. Watching them can also bring me to cussing sometimes...

I know that if seeing an accurate reflection of God this morning meant that I had to miss what I experienced and get dressed, pack up the car, head to a church service somewhere, sing some songs and listen to someone talk to me for 40 minutes, my day would not have been nearly as special as it was. Thank you Garin and Graysen for my great morning with Father!

2 comments:

knitgirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
knitgirl said...

Dang it, I meant for that to post on the QUESTION one!